De La Salle Holy Cross College follows the national Curriculum Statement as implemented by the Independent Examinations Board.
PLEASE NOTE: Minor Changes have been made to the July Examination Timetable as per the pupils requests. The Final Version is available as at 6 June 2014. Please ignore previous versions!
The July 2014 Examination timetable (14 July - 1 August) is available for download.
The July 2014 Practical Examination timetable (7 - 12 July) is available for download.
The IEB Final 2014 Examination Timetable is available for download.
The promotion requirements can be downloaded here.
The Cycle Test Schedule for 2014 can be downloaded here.
DUX SCHOLAR Nicholas Brink with an average of 90.9%
DUX PROXIME Thomas Hopkins with an average of 87.3%
The list of Top Achievers in each subject in Matric is available here.
The list of Top Achievers in each subject Grade 8 - 11 is available here.
The list of Top 10 Achievers in each Grade (8-11) is available here.
The list of pupils who achieved Academic Colours for 2013 is available here.
Please see the letter from the IEB commenting on the 2013 NSC results.
The criteria for academic awards may be downloaded here.
DUX SCHOLAR Christian Parshau with an average of 91.14%
DUX PROXIME Dusan Ecim with an average of 88.14%
The list of Top Achievers in each subject in Matric 2012 is available here.
The list of Top Achievers in each subject in Grade 8 - 11 is available here.
The list of the Top 10 Achievers in each Grade (8-11) is available here.
Should a pupil be absent for a formal assessment due to illness, then a doctor's certificate must be presented on the return of the pupil to school explaining the reason for the child's absence.
Failure to present a doctor's certificate will result in the pupil being awarded 0 (zero) for the assessment.
The child will then be required to write the assessment on the day they return to school. The results of such assessment will not be used to calculate the term mark, but will be written by the pupil as a learning experience.
In Grade 12, there are formal assessment the date of which is set by the examining body, the Independent Examinations Board. These assessments cannot be missed under any circumstances. Pupils are advised of these dates well in advance.
The Text book lists for 2014 can be downloaded here (updated 22 January 2014) Life Science Gr 10 - 12 ammended.
The Stationery lists for 2014 can be downloaded here.
Information Letter with common deadline dates can be downloaded here.
The descriptors for the Behaviour, Attitude, Work (BAW) codes that appear on the reports can be downloaded here.
Details of the daily times for 2014 are available here.
The Timetable Days for 2014 are available here.
A summary of the Grade 12 results:
Details of subjects on offer from Grade 8 to Grade 12, and the assessment programme can be dowloaded here.
In 2013, every Tuesday will be Cycle Test day. The schedule of cycle tests is available here.
Any teacher may be approached by a pupil if extra lessons are required. A mutually suitable time will be decided upon.
The following is a schedule of extra lessons for 2014:
- Please download this document for the extra lesson schedule.
- Wednesday 13:30 - 14:30 for seniors : Mrs Theophanous
- Computers (Grade 8 and 9) and CAT
- Monday to Thursday after school by appointment with Ms Dawood
- Business Studies
- By appointment with Mrs Lewis.
- Mrs Stonier : By appointment on Thursdays: 14:30 - 15:30
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Tuesday and Thursday for Grades 10 - 12: 07:00 by appointment with Mrs Preston-Whyte
- By appointment with Ms Lawless
- Grade 8 and 9 : Tuesdays 14:30 - 15:30 : Ms Pratt
- Grade 10 : Thursdays 06:40 - 07:30 : Ms van der Westhuizen
- Grade 11 : Wednesdays 06:40 - 07:30 : Ms van der Westhuizen
- Grade 12 : Thursdays 14:30 - 15:30 : Mrs de Villiers
- Grade 8 : Thursday afternoons with Mrs Stonier
- Grade 9 : by appointment with Mrs Greyling
- Grade 10 : by appointment with Mrs Greyling
- Grade 11 : Wednesday 07:00 - 07:30 : Mr Bishop
- Grade 12 : Friday 14:30 - 15:45 : Mr Bishop
- Consumer Studies
- As required by appointment with Mrs de Necker